GENERAL ENGINEERING SECTION (SKILLED WORKERS AND
GRADED JOB CATEGORIES OF EMPLOYEES)
1. Notwithstanding the date of signature or publication hereof, this agreement
shall be deemed to have come into operation on 1st June, 2020.
2. Parties hereby agreed in principle to maintain existing basic wage rates
as effective from 1st April, 2020.
3. Notwithstanding, Parties further agreed to review upwards the Cost-of-
Living Adjustment (COLA) from ZWL$25,26, to ZWL$1 100,00, per month
with effect from 1st of June, 2020 to 30th of June, 2020.
4. COLA shall be withdrawn upon marked improvement of the economy.
The General Engineering Committee will regularly assess the macro-economic
5. This wage agreement shall subsist subject to review by the parties to the
Collective Bargaining Agreement.
6. Every employer shall, with effect from 1st June, 2020, pay each employee
a wage not less than the appropriate amount specifi ed in Annexure “A”.
7. Nothing in this clause shall prevent increase being negotiated at company
level over and above those referred to in this clause.
8. The total sum of the current minimum wage and the cost-of-living
adjustment shall be subject to PAYE, Trade Union dues and National Employment